Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello hello! Welcome to my new blog. Just wanted to have a change in blogging environment. And since I'm in Copenhagen now, I probably should have a separate blog to pen down my feelings and experiences!


First thing first, as you all should probably have heard, there are lots and lots of snow here. And I really mean LOTS.

But, it's really beautiful out here. Everything's white, and looks pure, and it's relatively quieter and seems more peaceful. Imagine walking through the streets, looking at the European style buildings, smelling the cold fresh air (did I mention that there are quite little cars on the street as most people ride bicycles or just walked?).

In any case, yes I am enjoying my time here. How I wish that I'm not studying though, but just here for a holiday and enjoying and relaxing myself.


Oh well. Back to reality, I'm still studying here. Today was the first lesson, and I had a mini-culture shock in class. People here are really outspoken, or rather, if I may generalise a little, the westerners are generally more outspoken.

Saying hi while walking past one another even when we don't know each other; reaching out a helping hand to us when we are lost or confused; speaking out in class like it was a normal conversation, not only to ask question but also taking the topic 1 step further etc etc... It really is an eye opener for me.


For now, I'm still in the midst of settling down, and finding my way around town. I've just got a bike, (for freaking 800dkk which is around.. 200+ SGD!!), and that will be my main form of transportation around town. Hmm the coldness here is bearable, but not when the wind comes and definitely not when the ice is melting.


Food wise, I would rather not talk about it. For now, there are quite a few ups and downs, but we are still surviving. (despite the fact that we had a "special" meatball soup with "special" ingredients like screw, and some metal and plastic things. Please refer to my facebook photos.)


People wise, the NTU bunch are okayy.. But I still feel rather detached from them for some reason. I AM shy. And that's a fact. Or rather, introverted may be the better word to describe me. So I think it may take some time for me to get closer to them. I really hope that this exchange can train me to be more outspoken though. =/


Yep that's all for nowww! Shall update when I have the time. =)




P.S.: It is damn tough to make a snowman! Or even a snowball!

No comments:

Post a Comment